Couscous with chickpeas and vegetables
10 minutes, 782 calories, 1 serving
- 20 g sesame seeds
- 1 bell peppers (any color) (~125 g)
- 2 tsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 250 g chickpeas/garbanzo beans (canned and drained)
- 40 g couscous (dry, preferably whole grain)
- optional: 5 g fresh basil (chopped)
- optional: a tiny bit of salt
- optional: ½ tsp cumin (dry)
- optional: ½ lemon (~30 g)
- Boil water and pour it over the dry couscous (use a little bit more than one cup of water for one cup of couscous). Mix with a pinch of salt and let it soak in a bowl for 5 minutes, cover with a plate.
- Wash peppers, remove seeds and chop into medium sized pieces.
- Wash fresh basil and chop.
- In a large bowl, add the chopped peppers, drained chickpeas, chopped basil and couscous. Mix well.
- Dress with cumin, olive oil sesame seeds, and a pinch of salt. Squeeze some lemon on top.
Access over 700 delicious recipes, download 8fitDownload App