Avocado & black bean "burger"
20 minutes, 815 calories, 1 serving
- 5 g sesame seeds
- ¾ avocado (~150 g)
- 175 g black beans (cooked and drained)
- ½ onion (medium sized) (~50 g)
- 20 g rolled oats (uncooked)
- 30 g sweet corn (cooked)
- ½ tomatoes (~50 g)
- 40 g cheddar cheese
- ¼ lime (~20 g)
- 50 g Greek yogurt, plain (low-fat)
- optional: ½ tsp garlic powder
- optional: ½ tsp cumin (dry)
- optional: ½ tsp chili flakes
- optional: a tiny bit of salt
- optional: a tiny bit of black pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Peel and roughly chop onion. Add to a blender with drained (unrinsed) black beans, garlic powder, chilli, salt, pepper, cumin, rolled oats and yogurt.
- Pulse gently to make a patty mixture, keeping a bit of texture. Add the sweet corn and blitz for a few more seconds (the consistency will be slightly runny).
- Spoon the mixture onto baking paper and flatten with a spoon or with your hands (tip: if you have too much mixture, make more than one patty). Put in the oven for 10-12 mins, or until cooked and slightly crisp. Add a slice of cheese over the patty for the last minute.
- Meanwhile, wash and slice the tomato.
- If you have enough avocado, carefully peel and slice to make two “buns”. If not, slice and serve it on top of the patty.
- Stack ingredients as desired.
- Squeeze some lime over the avocado, then sprinkle some sesame seeds.
Access over 700 delicious recipes, download 8fitDownload App